The Future of Vaping
It’s no secret that vaping is on the rise. Vaping has become so popular that it’s now being marketed as a “healthy” alternative to smoking cigarettes. But is vaping a healthier option? Let’s explore the pros and cons of vaping and the vape cart to find out!
- Vaping is potentially less harmful than smoking cigarettes. Cigarettes contain thousands of chemicals, many of which are toxic. Vaping only contains a handful of chemicals, all of which are generally considered to be safe.
- Vaping is more discreet than smoking cigarettes. Cigarette smoke smells bad and can be seen by others. Vaping doesn’t produce any smoke, so it’s much more discreet.
- Vaping is cheaper than smoking cigarettes. Cigarettes are expensive, but vaping supplies are relatively affordable.
- Vaping may be harmful to our health in the long run. The long-term effects of vaping are still unknown.
- Vaping may be addictive. Some people have become addicted to vaping, and it can be difficult to quit.
- Vaping may promote smoking cigarettes. Some people may start vaping and then move on to smoking cigarettes.
We should always think about the pros and cons of anything that we consider doing. People who smoke will be looking to replace it with a healthier alternative. Nobody has a working crystal ball that can predict that far into the future but it is some comfort that an option such as vaping is the healthiest option to smoking that has been come up with so far.
There are not just comparative health benefits to vaping as opposed to smoking but there is also this issue of smoke. What is vaped does not constitute smoke and so is more pleasant to bear than smoking. It does not get into the hair and smell on the clothes. This is what has, as time has moved forward, made a smoker socially unacceptable. When everyone was smoking it was less of an issue. For health reasons, fewer are now smoking, though.
Price is very often the factor responsible for dampening pleasure. This need not be the case when e-cigarettes are adopted instead of traditional cigarettes. They are the cheaper alternative. This is because of the idea that vaping cartridges can refill the main device. The added advantage of this is then that a new flavour can be selected next time it is used.
There is much longevity to vaping not just because of its health and social benefits but also due to the number of flavours that are increasingly being come up with to please those in the vaping community. We say community because of the growth that has been experienced in the industry and its number of followers. Much of this is due to the marketing of new flavors and the idea that one can experiment to find that flavour they particularly like.
Less promotion is now seen for traditional cigarettes if much at all. You will notice that ads are being banned from TV stations and sports events are no longer promoting brands in terms of their sponsorship. There is a definite shift toward the e-cigarette. A signal of this is the many pop-op shops that you see down high streets that promote different flavours and e-cig accessories to buy. There are almost as many of these now as phone shops.
So, is vaping a healthier alternative to smoking? In short, it depends. Vaping is less harmful than smoking cigarettes, but the long-term effects of vaping are still unknown. If you’re thinking about switching to vaping, be sure to weigh the pros and cons carefully before making a decision. Apart from your health side, though, because you are likely to do one or the other anyway, also think about the other benefits mentioned above that vaping will offer.